Barretts of Canterbury LTD
Barretts Jaguar Land Rover
Broad Oak BMW
Broad Oak MINI
Barretts Parts Hub
References to “you” mean the person whose personal information (as defined below) we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our websites, contacts us in connection with the purchase of a vehicle and/or any goods or services we provide or otherwise interacts with us (for example, via a dealership)
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to and including 24 May 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 thereafter (GDPR) (together the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy.Who is responsible for your personal information?
We may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a data controller. Please see below for further information.What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our websites.
· A copy of your driving licence when you test drive a vehicle or are provided with a courtesy car.
· When you enquire about or purchase a vehicle or services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and to process and complete your purchase.
· Details about the transactions you carry out with us including vehicle support services and vehicle purchases and purchases of other goods.
· CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises.
· Information contained in and records of communications between us, including e-mails, letters and text messages. We also record calls between us for training, monitoring and quality control purposes.
· Details of your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data (including the country and telephone area code where your computer is located), IP address and the resources that you access (including the pages of our website that you view).
· We will collect information concerning your marketing preferences.
· We also collect information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will receive and process information about the outcome of those checks to complete your purchase.
· We will collect information relevant to the insurance products that we sell that are provided by third parties.
We may also collect non-identifying information about your preferences in connection with our websites, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on the Websites.
We may provide our manufacturer partners and our advertisers with aggregate information about website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in connection with our business activities. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
· to respond to queries from you regarding the possible purchase of goods or services;
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to queries from you regarding those contracts; to manage and administer the relationships between you and us;
· to notify you about changes to our services and to otherwise communicate with you; for example, we will use your contact details to respond to any queries that you submit to us;
· and to obtain feedback from you regarding us;
· and to provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
In accordance with your preferences, we may also use your personal information to provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you. The section below entitled "What choices do I have?" explains how you can change whether to receive this information. Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this information, we will use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any purchases you make or vehicle support services as we have a legitimate interest and or contractual obligation to you to do this.
Your personal information may also be used by us, our employees, contractors or agents, and disclosed to third parties, in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us), or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.With whom do we share your personal information?
In connection with the above uses of your personal information, we may share your personal information with third parties as described below. We will share your personal information for the purposes set out above and below
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
We may pass your personal information to third party organisations that provide services to us (including assisting us with carrying out marketing activities).
We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement agencies in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
We may pass your personal information to a third-party finance company for the purposes of them providing you with finance. Those organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
We may pass your personal information to third party providers of insurance products that we offer, if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
If we sell or buy any business or assets (including car dealerships), we may disclose personal information held by us about our customers to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties;
We will pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicle and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about visitors to our websites and sales with other parties.Protecting your personal information
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is not specific to our websites and is common across the internet. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we need to. Your personal information will be destroyed securely when we no longer have a need for it.What choices do I have?
If you think the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incorrect, you can request that we correct this information by writing to us using the details below or by using our Data Protection form on our website.
You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails or SMS messages from us by following the unsubscribe link and instructions on the respective marketing emails or SMS messages we send you.
You can also choose to change your marketing preferences by writing to us using the details below or using our marketing preferences form on our website.Access to your personal information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access your personal information. To request access to your personal information, please contact us using the details below or accessing our Data Protection form on our website.Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request that Barretts delete your personal data in certain circumstances if you would like more information about this please contact us using the details below.
Third Party sites
We do not pass on any personal information about our visitors to any other site (unless we have obtained your consent to do so). In addition, if you linked to a website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through the website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is to a country with data protection laws which are at least as stringent as those in England.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA to provide you with those services.